Monday, May 20, 2013

CORRUPTION, WHEN DOES IT ENDS?


Assalamualaikum WBT and Good Day,

Como Estas? Bien? Asi-asi? He..he..he..

I don’t like writing about politics. Doesn’t matter whether you are on Ruling Site or Opposition Site, for me both sites are like ‘2 X 5’ as in Malay proverb always said. Young generations nowadays are easily influenced by stories, updates, rumours or gossips from alternative media stream such as Twitters, Facebook, blogs, and etc. Come on la… if you are so sure that person is corrupted, please have the balls to make police @ SPRM reports with strong evidences (once more, EVIDENCES!… not only 1 irrelevant evidence).



By the way, do you really understand what corruption means? It can be defined as “the abuse of entrusted power for private gain”. Now, if you didn’t know, it also can be classified into 3 categories:

1. Grand Corruption
2.   Petty Corruption
3. Political Corruption.

So you see, people always talking bla..bla..higher ups corruption…bla…bla… but don’t they know all these problems started from this “PETTY CORRUPTION”. This means people like you and me, the netizens, might be involved whether we notice it or not, to this everyday abuse of entrusted power by low- and mid-level officials in their interactions with us, who often are trying to access basic goods and services.



For example, I have broken car and needs to be repaired. I go to this workshop (doesn’t matter what race is the owner) and the ‘pomen’ asked extra money if I want the car to be repaired faster than others. Isn’t that corruption? What if the real cost is only RM100 but as I was charged at almost RM500, isn’t that corruption too? Please, fellow citizens, you want to eradicate corruption, but at the same time you are practising this Petty Corruption too. An old Malay proverb says, “Cermin muka dahulu sebelum tegur orang lain”.



Corruption won’t start if there is no ‘starter’ or ‘giver’. SPRM should catch both offenders, not only the receiver. All those bashings politically that I read in Facebook and alternative media are really getting on my nerves! Remember, corruption actually starts since we were kids too. We were bribed with sweets, chocolates, presents,and etc if we perform well in exams. It’s not possible for somebody to continue this habit when they are grown-ups. I, being a Muslim, am truly grateful as my religion prohibits me from doing this sinful act. And I’m sure other religions do teach the same.

P.S: I’m trying to be as moderate as possible in this writing. Siapa Makan Cili, Dia Terasa Pedasnya… Adios.. W’salam. 

No comments: